Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Review
Firstly, Nikon D3300 packed some modest improvements over its six months old predecessor D3200. These developments were enough to bump the status of Nikon D3300 among other competitors. Nikon D3300 got attention from photographers looking for a low priced digital SLR.
Nevertheless, some critics said that improvements of Nikon DSLR D3300 were not enough to charge an extra amount of money over its predecessor. However, marketing selling performance of this camera has proven them all wrong. Buyers probably took full HD videos, smaller size, lighter body and in-built beginner’s guide seriously.
Images also seem to be less noisy as compared to its competitors and it happened due to the ISO rage which is 100 to 25600. With all these features Nikon D3300 is still an entry-level digital SLR camera.
Specifications of Nikon D3300
The whole appearance of Nikon D3300 is identical to its predecessor, but its specs are a bit different. Nikon also deserves applause for fitting in advanced features in a competitively smaller body. Nikon enhanced the grip of Nikon D3300 by making its right side chunkier to get a more pronounced lip.
Here are detailed specifications of Nikon DSLR D3300:
- Optical sensor resolution: 24.2 megapixels.
- Photosensor technology: CMOS.
- Advanced EXPEED 4 processor.
- 3X optical zoom.
- 1080 full HD video recording.
- It has an optical viewfinder with 0.85x magnification.
- A comprehensive dust reduction system for the sensor.
- Shutter speed from 30 seconds to 1/4000 of a second.
- Maximum focal length 55mm.
- Maximum aperture: f 3.5.
- Interchangeable lens.
- Weight: 0.95 pounds.
- 11 autofocus points.
- Compatible lens mountings: Nikon F(FX) and Nikon F(DX).
- Average battery life of 700 photos per second.
- Continuous shooting speed: 5 frames per second.
- Flash sync: 1/200 of a second.
- Image aspect ratio: 3:2.
- Inbuilt flash and mini HDMI.
Features Nikon D3300
Missing to capture a moment, worth remembering, is the most significant regret anyone can have. Whether it is the first steps of your kids or friends day out in college every single joyful moment has the power to make you smile in severe distress during your future life.
Nikon D3300 is the camera which captures lifelike images of your situations to make them more appealing.
- Full HD videos
You may think that image/capturing with your smartphone is convenient but, can you get a quality like Nikon Digital D3300? This fact is the point to ponder for people who have to catch memorable and long lasting shoots. Nikon D3300 has EXPEED 4 processor which enables the camera to shoot five frames per second.
You can now shoot correctly in low light situations with high ISO sensitivity. These photos and videos are rich in colour as well as detail.
- Transfer your photos to compatible smartphone
A marvel along with WU 1a wireless adapter (optional) will make all your photos from Nikon D330 to appear on compatible mobile phone or tablet. From there you can share your masterpieces in a heartbeat. You can do this through email or social media networks, and these smartphones can also act like remotes to your Nikon D3300.
- Special effects and guide for panorama mode
The inbuilt manual of Nikon D3300 is just like having an expert photographer right by your side. The panoramic method is difficult for new users, but the in-built guide of Nikon D3300 will help you to capture it quickly with the help of step by step guide.
You can also get creative with the help of advanced filters and make your images more appealing.
Furthermore, this creativity is not limited to just your photos and videos. Your new Nikon D3300 can come in black, red or grey colour to represent your personality.
- Captures sounds with sights
You will not end up just making a visual clip on Nikon D3300 through it video mode. It has an inbuilt mic to record excellent quality sounds. Your videos will be churned out with such excellence that viewers will never resist appreciation.
- Reliable, compact and lightweight
Nikon D3300 is a high definition SLR camera with interchangeable lens option. Its compact design combined with all these features and lightweight is something worth paying.
Pros and Cons
To sum up, despite its excellent performance in the market, there are certain things which one must consider before making a purchase. Its price is not a very big amount for digital SLR, but it still counts a lot for people who have to purchase the camera in tight budgets.
Essential advantages and disadvantages of Nikon D3300 below:
- Nikon D3300 has one of the best sensors in this class.
- Extraordinary battery life for travellers.
- Lightweight and well-balanced body.
- Shoot in P, S, and A mode is easy due to rear command dial.
- Smooth and detailed full HD 1080/60p video.
- Nikon D3300 provides comparatively limited control over its aperture settings.
- No control buttons for some useful settings. Photographer has to search for them in long menus.
- Shutter speed decreases in auto mode when you do not use flash.
- Autofocus is also comparatively slow in live view mode.
Should you buy this camera?
In conclusion, we do not suggest Nikon D3300 for people who look for fast focus camera with in-built-Wi-Fi. However, there are features which make Nikon D3300 the best digital SLR for beginners. Nikon D3300 provides a little control over camera settings. Therefore, it is a good choice for beginners who want to have a real DSLR experience.
Also, its price is quite reasonable therefore low budget beginners must watch out for Nikon D3300 while looking for their first DSLR. At last, Nikon D3300 also has a rocking price which is a significant influencer.